This app allows open apps with volatile or floating window mode on Android Open-Source Project ROM. In this mode you can use 2 applications at the same time same as well as to MIUI. For examples when you use Instagram and at the same time you want to access Facebook then you can easily access both apps at a same time.
This functionality is expected to come on Android Open-Source Project as of Android 10 and it just because of MIUI which is based on Android, and it’s creating the feature which will be available in the Android 10 and its based MIUI 12 version. This feature is also available in AOSP (Android open-source project). For that its compulsory that you have to on it from developer options. And it only performs on the home screen.
How to use Mi-FreeForm:
- Open the Mi-FreeForm app.
- Allow the Shizuku permission.
- Tap app settings.
- Open floating button setting.
- Select Mi-FreeForm.
- Allow permission.
- Shizuku or LSPosed. You will learn both ways.
- Mi-FreeForm app.
- AOSP ROM, actually ROM doesn’t matter, but this feature is generally available on non AOSP interfaces.
Step for uses of Mi-FreeForm using Shizuku:
At first, we need to fix or set Shizuku. There are 2 methods to run Shizuku. The first one will be Root mode and the second will be rootless mode.
Running Shizuku app via Root:
- At first, tap to open the shizuku app.
- Then you can see start button.
- This is only available for Rooted devices.
- If your devices aren’t rooted, then you have to read next title.
- Then allows the root permission.
- After some texts visible on the screen.
- Shizuku is running successfully.
- This time you need to turn on USB Debugging on your phone.
- For this, tap to open the settings app and then slide down.
- You will see system tab there, click on it.
- Then click on the developer options.
- And again, you have to slide little bit down.
- You will see USB debugging button visible there.
- Then tap to enable it.
- Then if your PC doesn’t have ADB drivers.
- At first, install it.
- Then open the CMD. Type “adb shell sh /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/moe.shizuku.privileged.api/start.sh” command.
- Then hit the enter button.
- If you have an outcome like the one above after writing the code.
- Then you have to tap on the process is complete.
- Shizuku is now running.
In this method you have to have root authorization. And for that it’s compulsory that you have to install LSPosed. We mention below some steps which will help you for the installation-
- At first tap to open the LSPosed.
- Then click on the modules tab.
- It will be noted on second photo.
- Then tap to select Mi-FreeForm module.
- After that tap to enable it.
- After enabling.
- Tap to restart your device.
Steps for how to use Mi-FreeForm:
- Tap to open the Mi-FreeForm app.
- Then tap to allow the Shizuku’s permission (If you are using lsposed version, it won’t ask a permission like that).
- Then click on the app settings button for setting the floating button.
- In next step You have to scroll down a little on the screen that visible in front of you.
- And then tap to enable the floating button section.
- If you want the floating button on the right.
- You can tap on the floating button settings just below and acquire the button on the right.
- If it asks for permission to visible it on other apps, give the permission as in the photo.
- Now that all the settings are done.
- Now we can use it.
- Click to open the floating button fot opening dock.
- Then click on the edit button.
- And include the apps that you want open in floating windows.
- Then press on the app, it will open in a floating window.
- Indication like MIUI, if you can pull from top to bottom (red square) the app will be visible on full screen.
- If you pull from bottom to top (red square) the app will be closed.
- If you pull form lower right diagonal or upper left diagonal (green square) so in this situation you have to you adjust the size of floating window.