Followed by the first beta of the QPR2 release, Google has now released the second build for Pixel 4a and later Pixel devices, which brings in new security patches, bug fixes, and minor improvements. Check the complete details which are mentioned below.
QPR2 Beta 2 Details:
- Release date: January 9, 2023
- Build: T2B2.221216.006
- Security patch level: January 2023
- Google Play services: 22.41.13
- It fixed an issue with the System UI that sometimes caused the Home screen to become unresponsive.
- We fixed an issue where, after switching back to Normal video capture mode from Slow Motion mode in the Google Camera app, the app continued capturing slow-motion video if the capture speed was changed between 1/8x and 1/4x while in Slow Motion mode.
Known Android Platform issues:
- The list of Recent apps sometimes becomes unresponsive if the screen orientation is changed while the list is open.
- In some cases when entering and exiting Picture-in-picture (PiP) mode from an app after changing the screen orientation, the system Settings app crashes with a “Settings keeps stopping” message and then the system Settings app can’t be opened.
- An issue with the System UI can sometimes cause it to crash from a null pointer exception.
These 64-bit-only builds are for developer use and for testing 64-bit app compatibility.
OTA Images Links:
Android 13 QPR 2 Beta 2: The new taskbar for tablets and foldable devices is now enabled by default.
While previously the taskbar was invoked by holding down the navigation bar thereby enlarging the navigation bar area, now the taskbar is invoked by a slight swipe upwards and is displayed on top of the app. It then automatically hides when you interact with the app or do nothing for ~6 seconds. The new taskbar also appears in the recent apps menu.
Android 13 QPR 2 Beta 2: The volume slider is now longer, and the notification mode icons with and without sound have been changed from bell to speaker.