Microsoft today released the latest software update for Windows 11 Insider Preview Channel. The company released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25281, 22621.1180 and 22623.1180. This build includes another good set of improvements and fixes for Insiders. You can check the complete changelog which is mentioned below.
Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25281 Release Notes:
- Aligning with the new Windows 11 design principles, we’ve redesigned the graphics settings page under Settings > Display > Graphics to help you get to graphics configurations such as ‘GPU preference’ and ‘Auto HDR’ with greater ease. The functionality of these settings remains unchanged from prior versions of Windows, but we now have a more streamlined visual appearance. For more on all the graphics settings in Windows 11 – check out this blog post on the DirectX Blog.
- When removing a paired Bluetooth device from Settings > Bluetooth and Devices, it will no longer pop up a prompt to confirm before removing it.
[Taskbar & System Tray]
- Updated the printer icon in the system tray when printing something, so it better aligns with other modern icons.
- When navigating the taskbar using WIN + T and arrow keys, the position of the app icon should now be called out by Narrator (for example, File Explorer might say “one out of fifteen”, if it’s in the first position and there are 15 app icons on your taskbar).
- Updated the error dialog when network discovery is off so that it points to the correct location to enable it.
- Fixed an explorer.exe crash which could happen when closing File Explorer.
- Fixed an issue where SSID wasn’t being populated on the properties page for your Wi-Fi in Network & Internet Settings.
- In the scenario where you are prompted with the UAC dialog when switching a network between private and public, that UAC dialog should now come to the foreground rather than being behind other windows.
- Fixed an issue where Quick Settings might not be able to re-open after going to the Wi-Fi section and closing the flyout.
- Right clicking a snap group in Task View and selecting “show this group on all desktops” shouldn’t crash explorer.exe anymore.
- Fixed an issue where Narrator wasn’t announcing when the @ mentions window popped up in Outlook.
- Fixed an issue that could cause some app uninstalls to get stuck and fail the uninstall in the last few builds.
- Fixed an issue which was causing the Windows print queue window to crash sometimes in recent builds.
- Fixed an issue which could cause SQL Server Management Studio to fail to launch.
NOTE: Some fixes noted here in Insider Preview builds from the Dev Channel may make their way into the servicing updates for the released version of Windows 11.
- Using Windows Hello to sign in with facial recognition may not work on Arm64 PCs. A workaround for this is to use the Hello PIN path.
- Some users are experiencing longer than expected update times installing recent builds. We are actively investigating this issue.
- We’re investigating reports that some Insiders are experiencing freezes when using the browser and certain other apps after the previous Dev Channel flight.
[Taskbar & System Tray]
- The taskbar is sometimes cropped in half when using the tablet-optimized taskbar. You may also see this issue on secondary monitors.
[Search on the Taskbar]
The following known issues only apply for Windows Insiders who received one of the different treatments for how search looks on the taskbar that began rolling out to Insiders with Build 25252:
- There is an issue where you will be unable to change taskbar search box to show as icon only via taskbar settings in some cases. To work around this issue, first change to a different option and then after, you should be able to choose to show as icon only.
- Some dialogs may not render in the correct theme when applied from Task Manager Settings page.
- The data content area of the Processes page may flash once when theme changes are applied in the Task Manager Settings page.
Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22621.1180 and 22623.1180 Release Notes:
- In the most recent update for Widgets, we are removing the sign-in requirement for the widgets board and making it available for all users. Now, you can now get weather updates on the taskbar, pin widgets from your favorite apps, or access personalized dynamic feeds without an account.
Fixes in Build 22623.1180
[Taskbar & System Tray]
- Fixed an issue where right-clicking on certain icons in the hidden icons flyout would make the flyout dismiss rather than bring up the context menu for that icon.
- Fixed an explorer.exe crash which could happen when attempting to load certain app icons.
- Task view should no longer show behind the taskbar when using tablet-optimized taskbar options.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the taskbar from showing in Safe Mode when using the new search box option.
- When the Task Manager window size is small and the search box collapses to an icon, hovering over the icon will now show a tooltip.
- Fixed a few issues with how icons and labels were displayed when a contrast mode is enabled.
- Fixed an issue where Braille devices were incorrectly saying there was no screen on the latest version of Braille.