Feb 08/2023: Samsung today released the latest update with some new features for the Galaxy Watch 5 series in South Korea. The latest update comes with the build number R920XXU1AWB1/R9200XM1AWB1.
Jan 28/2023: Samsung today released the latest January 2023 patch update with some new features for the Galaxy Watch 5 series in Germany.
Jan 26/2023: Samsung today released the latest January 2023 patch update with some new features for the Galaxy Watch 5 series in Canada.
Jan 16/2023: According to the latest report, Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 and the 5 Pro grabbed the January 2023 month update in the US. This update comes with the build number AWA3. You can check the latest update’s changelog which is mentioned below.
A New Camera Controller feature added
- Change zoom on your phone camera remotely by pinching in or out on the screen, or rotating the bezel.
- This feature is only supported on flagship models released after Samsung Galaxy S20 or Z Flip running at least One Ul 5.1.
- A new “Connected device diagnostics” option has been added to check the proper performance of the Galaxy Watch’s battery status, touch screen function, etc. on the connected phone.
- Please update Samsung Members and Galaxy Wearable app to the latest versions for using the ‘Connected device diagnostics’ feature.
Stability and reliability
- The stability has been improved.
How To Update:
Update from the Galaxy Watch
- From the watch screen, press the Home button to open the app’s screen.
- Navigate Settings Settings iconGeneral.
- Tap Update watch software.
- If prompted, review the mobile data message then tap the Checkmark icon to accept.
- If an update is available, tap Download.
- If prompted with ‘The latest update has already been installed’, tap OK. No update is necessary.
Update from an Android Smartphone
- From your connected Android smartphone, ensure the Galaxy Wearable app is installed and updated.
- Open the Galaxy Wearable app icon.
- Tap the Home tab (lower-left).
- Tap Watch software update.
- Tap Download and install.
- If desired, tap Auto download over Wi-Fi to turn on Switch on or off Switch off.
- Tap Install now.
- If ‘Your software is up to date appears, the Watch is up to date.
- From the ‘Update watch software’ screen, tap Install now.
- From the ‘Update watch software’ prompt, tap OK.
- The software update process may take several minutes to complete.