Google always used to enhance its devices and services, especially keenly involved in research work which makes its existing devices as well more compatible with respect to its competitors.
This time one of the most trusted sources revealed, the information comes from 9to5google.com which is one the most trusted source, as they are somehow able to manage the things by the process called decompilation where they deep dive into the code (called APKs, in the case of Android apps), and get the info out of it from the latest version of an application that Google uploaded to the Play Store, in which they found a certain line of code that hint possible future feature.
‘At a Glance’ at Glance
Now talking about a feature that Google noticeably added in the ‘At a Glance’ section is ‘Ridesharing status’ followed by 14 distinct capabilities which altogether have created a great hype in the market presently.
Version S.21 of Android System Intelligence (ASI), which helps power At a Glance and other smart features like Now Playing and Live Captions, is now rolling out. That ASI update introduces strings about the two capabilities we’re tracking as well as a third, have a look.
- <string name=”echo_smartspace_cross_device_timer_toggle_title”>Cross device timer</string>
- Timer info from your home devices
- <string name=”echo_smartspace_food_delivery_eta_toggle_title”>Food delivery</string>
- Arrival status for food delivery
- <string name=”echo_smartspace_ridesharing_eta_toggle_title”>Ridesharing service</string>
- Show the status of your ride
The ridesharing services in question appear to be Lyft and Uber to show at a glance how far the vehicle is, which will be convenient if your Pixel is locked. This is very similar to what iOS 16 is doing later this year with Live Notifications reflected on the lockscreen, which also used Uber as an on-stage example.
DoorDash will work with At a Glance’s food delivery integration services which can be applied to both restaurants and groceries. It is quite expected that Google will expand the list of third-party services in the coming future.
In terms of launch, Google has so far tied up with Pixel Feature Drops with a look extension. And if getting the hints from past years then the next one should coincide with the release of Android13. Also before their official release somehow in Q4 2022, we will keep updating you.
How to use Android 12 At a Glance Widget
If you don’t know how to make necessary changes in ‘At a Glance’ Widget of your Pixel device then follow the following steps below:
- Go to the Home Screen.
- Long-press the At a Glance widget in the top right corner.
- Tap the Customize button after it appears.
- On the customization page, next to At a Glance, tap the Gear-shaped icon.
- Under Personalization, tap Sensitive content on the lock screen.
- Tap the toggle next to Sensitive notifications to enable the functionality.
- Go back to the previous page.
- Tap the toggle next to the options that you want to see in the At a Glance widget:
- Timer & stopwatch
- Connected devices
- Safety check
- Earthquake alert
Now this will enable those alerts and notifications to appear in the At a Glance widget on your home screen and even on the lock screen as well. For instance, if you are traveling and your boarding pass QR code will appear at the top of your screen for easy access.