This July 2022 new updates came from the Google Play System plan to bring the full “Google Wallet” rebrand and with some new forms of “multi-device experiences.” Most of the Android is open source and highly reformed, some services provided by Google Play Services are critical sometimes.
The core app jointly works with the Play Store and Android’s monthly Google Play system updates. Each month Google steadily releases patch notes for this trio (otherwise known as the “Google System”). In case you need to update Google Play Services there is a link available in the Play Store listing click on it and update services, if an update is available.
To update the Play Store, click on your avatar>Setting>About>Update Play Store. But the Google Play System can be updated through the setting app like Setting>About Phone>Android version>Google Play system update. Google changes its payment app name from Google Pay to Google Wallet should be coming soon and with a redesign of “Material You”.
Android developers will enhance the multi-device experiences with new techniques. This is based on Nearby Share APIs that were announced at Google I/O. Google July Updates will be focused on the “Data & Privacy” tab in account settings.
An update that came on 7/16 is Google says that July’s Play System improvements are designed to know what is new in each Android. Another update that came on 7/27 was a “Google Play system update” that will rearrange a few of Android’s key services which can improve “device connectivity, network usage, security, stability, and updatability.”
Google Play System revise its terms for July 2022
- Deal with phone malware and utilities-related services.
- Phone] The section headers in the Data & Privacy tab of the Google account settings have a new appearance.
- [Phone] Enhancements to in-app support experience.
- [Phone] Enhancements to a user interface for Family Link.
- [Phone] Provide users with unified safety recommendations from the Google Account across Google apps.
- [Phone] APIs for developers to build seamless multi-device experiences.
- [Phone] With the Matter Developer Preview, you can set up and share Matter devices between Matter ecosystems.
- [Phone] Automatically switch Bluetooth audio peripherals between your devices (phone, tablet, laptop).
- [Auto, Phone] Control whether a Cast Sender sees the self-device as a Cast target.
- [Phone] Game Dashboard lets you choose longer battery life or higher performance, block out calls and notifications when playing, access Play Games achievements, and more. Available on select devices running Android T.
Google Play Store:
- Improvements to the Play-as-you-download feature to let gamers start playing mobile games while the app download continues to reduce waiting times.
- New Features to help you discover the Apps & Games you love.
- Optimizations allow faster and more reliable download and installation.
- New features to the Play Pass and Play Points programs.
- Enhancements to Google Play Billing.
- Continuous improvements to Play Protect to keep your device safe.
- Various performance optimizations, bug fixes, and improvements to security, stability, and accessibility.
- [Phone] Provide an ability to filter the data plans available to purchase by various categories received from the Carrier.
- [Phone] Enhanced system update flow to show features included in new Android updates.
- [Phone] Updates user experience to latest Google Material design, rebrands as “Google Wallet.”
- [Phone] Updates the Passes rotating barcode feature.
- [Phone, WearOS] Add support for launching Google Wallet in 22 new countries.
- Updates to system management services that improve device connectivity, network usage, security, stability, and updatability.
- New developer features for Google and third-party app developers to support Maps, Machine Learning & AI, and utilities-related developer services in their apps.
- [Phone] Allows applications to ask users for temporary, read-only access to one or more user-selected photos or videos. This is a backward compatible version of a feature available in Google Android version 11 (R, API 30) or higher.
We see Google Play System updates of July like Material You and Data privacy improvement coming soon.
If you like our news and you want to be the first to get notifications of the latest news, then follow us on Twitter and Facebook page and join our Telegram channel. Also, you can follow us on Google News for regular updates.