On 7 September iOS 16 launched with amazing new enhancements in iMessage like the ability to edit, improvements to Focus modes, a customizable Lock, and more features. A few weeks, before Apple, confirmed that when they launch the iOS 16.1 version that enables users to Live Activities Lock Screen. This feature means Live Activities are interactive notifications that stay up to date, allowing you to keep an eye on things happening in real-time right from the Lock Screen. Now, in later months, iPhone and iPad users have more new features.
In this, you know the upcoming 10 new features of iOS 16 for iPhone and iPad. Some features are now in their testing. With iCloud Shared Photo Library you can easily share, edit or remove photos and videos within the group. This feature still has some more time to come.
With Live Activities, users can enjoy real-time events along with sports games or a food delivery order, right on the Lock Screen and some in Dynamic IsLand.
When candidates are available then they release the iOS 16.1. Associated developers will be able to submit apps with Live Activities to the App Store.
10 New Features of iOS 16 will in this year later
Emergency SOS via Satellite
- All four iPhone 14 models include a new Emergency SOS via Satellite feature that is set to launch in November in the U.S. and Canada.
- Emergency SOS via Satellite is designed to allow iPhone 14 models to connect directly to a satellite, allowing users to send text messages to emergency services when outside the range of cellular and Wi-Fi coverage.
- Apple says that in “ideal conditions with a direct view of the sky and the horizon,” a message might take 15 seconds to send via satellite, but it can take over a minute for a message to send “under trees with light or medium foliage.”
Apple Music Classical
- In August 2021, Apple announced the acquisition of the classical music service Primephonic. At the time, Apple said it planned to launch a dedicated classical music app in 2022 that combined Primephonic’s user interface with additional features.
Clean Energy Charging
- iOS 16.1 includes a new Clean Energy Charging feature that Apple says “aims to decrease the carbon footprint of the iPhone by optimizing charging times for when the grid is using cleaner energy sources.” The feature is available in the U.S. only.
Apple Fitness+ Without an Apple Watch
- Apple Fitness+ will be available to iPhone users without an Apple Watch starting with iOS 16.1, iPad 16.1, and tvOS 16.1. Without an Apple Watch, iPhone users will not see real-time metrics like heart rate and calories burned during a workout.
- Apple says it will be releasing a new digital whiteboard app called Freeform for the iPhone and iPad later this year.
- Freeform will allow users to start a session from FaceTime and view updates from others right in an iMessage conversation thread.
Matter Accessories in Home App
- The matter is an upcoming connectivity standard that will enable compatible smart home accessories to work together seamlessly across multiple platforms, including Apple’s HomeKit, Amazon’s Alexa, and Google’s Home.
- Controlling Matter accessories with the Home app and Siri will require a HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV 4K, or Apple TV HD running as a home hub.
Battery Percentage Icon for More iPhones.
- Apple finally made battery percentage visible in the status bar again on iPhones with a notch, eliminating the need to swipe down. Starting with iOS 16.1, the optional feature is expanding to the iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 mini, and iPhone 13 mini.
Stage Manager for More iPad Pros
- Last week, Apple announced that iPadOS 16.1 will expand Stage Manager to iPad Pro models with A12X and A12Z chips released in 2018 and 2020.
- Apple has also delayed external display support for Stage Manager on iPad Pro and iPad Air models with the M1 chip and said this functionality will be reimplemented in a software update later this year.
In this, you see the upcoming feature of iOS 16 which launched with OS updated version iOS 16.1. From the description of all upcoming features, iPhone is eager to wait for its launch which enhances the phone’s performance.
If you like our news and want to be the first to get notifications of the latest news, then follow us on Twitter and Facebook page and join our Telegram channel. Also, you can follow us on Google News for regular updates.