After iOS 16.4, iPadOS 16.4, watchOS 9.4 and macOS 13.3, Apple also released the latest stable update for the tvOS, HomePod, HomePod Mini and Studio Display. According to the latest report, tvOS 16.4, HomePod/Mini 16.4 and Studio Display 16.4 update rolled out with some minor changes. tvOS 16.4 is available for Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD.
The latest HomePod and HomePod Mini update mainly improves the running stability and performance. And, for the Studio Display, the latest update adds support for the new Pro Display Calibrator feature and improves stability. You can check the tvOS 16.4 and Studio Display 16.4 complete release notes which are mentioned below.
tvOS 16.4 Release Notes:
- New Features: Both manual and automatic Software Update support is now available for Matter Accessories. (102727759)
- Fixed: ScrollView has improved support for right-to-left languages by default. If you have a ScrollView that shouldn’t change its behavior in right to left languages, use the .environment(\.layoutDirection, .leftToRight) modifier to ensure the ScrollView always sees a left-to-right layout direction. (65108729)
- Fixed: Search scopes are now supported on tvOS. (84039097)
- Fixed: Presentations in SwiftUI using the ‘sheet’ or ‘fullScreenCover’ modifier can now be dynamically presented again while a dismiss animation is in progress. Previously, attempting to present again, in this case, would do nothing.
Note: A data race in app code that was previously ignored might cause a sheet to be presented again with this change. If this happens, check that your state isn’t triggering a new presentation. (101487810)
Studio Display 16.4 Release Notes:
- Added support for in-field display recalibration using Pro display Calibrator. Enables specific color workflows that may require custom calibration via the internal spectroradiometer.
- Stability has been slightly improved.