AMD today released the Radeon 21.8.2 Beta graphics card driver update, focusing on optimizing the game Mys Mystery Island, in addition to fixing some bugs. The official said that this version of the driver will increase the performance of the RX 6800 XT by 6% when playing Myst 4K games.
- Up to 6% increase in performance in Myst @ 4K Medium settings with Raytracing enabled, using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.8.2 on the 16GB Radeon™ RX 6800XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver edition 21.8.1.RS-398
- Aliens™: Fireteam Elite
- Little Nightmares II™: Enhanced Edition
- Users may experience difficulties ending a recording session on Open Broadcaster Software™ when recording in H265/HEVC codec on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6800 XT.
- While playing F1® 2021 in Split Screen mode, image corruption may be observed on one of the players’ screens.
- Radeon software application may become unresponsive when some users attempt to launch the application.
- While playing Control™ using DirectX® 12, users may observe corrupt light rays on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6600 XT.
- Upgrading to the latest Radeon™ graphics driver may cause the auto update feature on Ryzen™ Master to stop working.
- Open Broadcaster Software™ may continue to run in the background after a user ends a recording session and closes the application.
- Visual artifacts in PAYDAY™ 2 may be observed during gameplay on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6800 XT.
- AMD is investigating a black screen issue that may be experienced while playing Myst™ or Kingshunt™ on some Radeon™ RX 6800 XT graphics products. A temporary workaround is to disable Performance Metrics Overlay or Radeon™ Image Sharpening in Radeon Software.
- Driver timeouts may be experienced while playing a game & streaming a video simultaneously on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 500 Series Graphics.
- Radeon Software may crash or become unresponsive while playing some DirectX® 11 games such as PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds™ with multiple displays connected in extended mode.
- Playing Horizon Zero Dawn™ for an extended period may lead to a driver timeout or game crash on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
- Connecting two displays with large differences in resolution/refresh rates may cause flickering on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
- Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.