After the release of iOS 16.3 on January 24, Apple closed the verification channels for the previous iOS version, iOS 16.2, making it impossible to downgrade to these versions after upgrading to iOS 16.3. To encourage users to keep the operating system updated, Apple typically closes the verification channel for the previous version shortly after the release of the new version.
- Apple is said to have included performance and optimization for the iPhone 14 series in iOS 16.3
- iOS 16.2 was a bug-fix update
- iOS 16.2 added Apple Music singing, lock screen improvements, and other features and bug fixes to the iPhone
- iOS 16.3 is a significant update that is currently officially available for all eligible iPhones
- iOS 16.3 introduces iCloud Advanced Data Protection, and Apple ID Security Key, and includes other enhancements, bug fixes, and security updates for iPhone.